ViewPlus wanted to develop a too to help people with visual impairments communicate better with their sighted counterparts.
ViewPlus teamed up with HP Specialty Printing Systems (SPS) to combine HP TIJ 2.x color inkjet printing technology with advanced paper embossing technology to produce raised color text and graphics, making it possible for people who are sighted and visually impaired, or have learning disabilities, to collaborate on the same document, communicate more effective and develop better comprehension and learning. HP SPS also helped bring the resulting product to market by providing engineering support and featuring the prototype at trade shows.
- Emprint features a fully integrated solution without the need for an add-on product
- Documents printed with Emprint have the same high quality as documents printed with HP inkjet printers
- Emprint uses the same paper and reliable ink cartridges as HP inkjet printers
- Emprint can print Braille and ink together or separate
- Coupling HP color inkjet printing technology with Braille embossing serves multiple needs; people with visual impairments, normal sight and learning disabilities can work together more effective
- Partnership with HP ensures high-quality printing and further bolsters credibility in the marketplace
- Tripled initial sales forecasts in its frst month on the market
Download full case study Simply Brillian Braille HP Teams with ViewPlus to Put Braille in Living Color